The stamping of invoices and payrolls is a process through which electronically validates and certifies such documents to ensure their tax compliance. Although the tax advisor is not directly responsible for stamping, they can provide information and advice on the legal and technical requirements necessary to carry out this process correctly.
In the specific case of payroll, The seal or stamp is an important tool that allows verifying the legality of employees, streamlining processes and facilitate the presentation of the annual declaration. It is crucial that each payroll have this seal or stamp. This additional management procedure is essential to guarantee the company’s compliance with the law and avoid problems such as fines or sanctions, and for this reason it is important to carry it out responsibly.
Meaning and definition of ringing
Ringing is known as the process in which a invoice is validated and accredited by the SAT. This electronic invoice is also known as CFDI, and all payroll invoices must be stamped without exception. The seal of the tax receipt serves as a means of verification, certifying the invoices and granting them legal personality.
The process, which is completed digitally by a PAC, is known as ‘Authorization of Digital Fiscal Documents’. The SAT establishes that the tax stamp will offer additional use data, under the regulation of said authority, and will provide absolute protection in terms of its quality. Any taxpayer who generates electronic invoices must use an authorized stamp package provider, which has a fixed number of tax stamps under contract. This will be a component of the billing service.
What is the payroll stamp according to the ISR law?
The payroll stamp arises as a need to simplify the tax elements and facilitate administration of companies. The Tax Administration Service (SAT) enables this option, as well as digital payroll.
Article 99 of the new Income Tax Law (ISR) establishes certain obligations, among which is the issuance and delivery of tax receipts by employers. These must be delivered to people who have received payments for subordinate personal service, salary and other benefits. He Article 99 also indicates that these receipts They can be used as proof of payment or receipt for purposes of labor law.
All taxpayers who issue receipts are forced to change their format according to the Reform to the Fiscal Code. In accordance with the new requirements of the SAT, they must be transformed into an electronic payroll receipt, which is now considered “CFDI”. Therefore, it is necessary to have a SAP system that allows us to create this type of receipt. It is important to note that in all countries there is a regulatory body for tax stamps.
In Spain, the law in charge of regulating the sealing of invoices or payslips is Royal Decree number 1619/2012, aired on november 30. This regulation establishes the rules and requirements for the stamping, issuance and preservation of invoices or other documents.
In Spain, the equivalent of SAT is the AEAT (State Tax Administration Agency). This body is in charge of control, collect and manage national taxes, guaranteeing compliance with tax obligations and ensuring a correct application of the rules. Other countries that have this regulation are:
- In colombia, the service in charge is known as the Directorate of National Taxes and Customs (DIAN). This entity is in charge of managing and controlling customs, taxes and other aspects of the country’s taxation.
- In Venezuela, the responsible service is called the National Integrated Customs and Tax Administration Service (SENIAT). Its main function is to manage, control and collect taxes and customs from the country.
- In Peru, the service in charge of taxes is the National Superintendence of Customs and Tax Administration (SUNAT). This entity is in charge of administration and control of taxes and customs.
What is the payroll stamp?
The payroll stamp is defined as a tax certificate made digitally, which is reflected in the payment receipt of a worker. In this way, the SAT grants official validity to the receipt of the company after verifying the information provided.
Therefore, a digital seal is issued that certifies the validation once the veracity of the payroll has been confirmed. payment vouchers can obtain a digital tax certification that supports the transaction by having the payroll invoices sealed.
The employer is required to create this document for employees, in which information about them and their associates is included on the payroll bill. The payroll invoice incorporates security components, codes and filters that allow the institute to reduce the prevalence of tax evasion through false invoices.
The employer must pay the corresponding tax and generate the CFDI payroll with the format and the right information. The stamp grants the official validity of the payroll receipts before the authorities, demonstrating that the transactions described have been thoroughly verified by the SAT.
What is the payroll stamp used for?
The payroll stamp has the function of guarantee both tax and labor effects. Some of the benefits offered by the stamp are:
- Helps simplify tax compliance: Previously, taxpayers had to submit returns to specify items such as compensation, retirement payments, retirement, among others, detailing the payments made to their workers. With the payroll stamp, the authority recognizes the payroll receipt and knows the concepts of those payments made.
- You can make it easier to deduct taxes: The payment of salaries allows the deduction of taxes, but only the expenses that are supported for the stamp on the payroll.
- You can speed up the times: The process is agile, since the SAT establishes a within three to 11 days for companies to stamp receipts, depending on the number of employees they have. If this term is not met, the deductibility of the expense will be lost.
- You can ensure worker compliance: The stamp provides great security, and one of its essential functions is to offer free advice.
- Contribute to the advancement of the country: The payroll stamp helps the progress of the country by promote tax compliance and generate greater transparency in labor operations.
How is invoice stamping done?
CFDI stamping can certify the validity and certification proof of electronic invoicing before the SAT. When carrying out the CFDI certification process through stamping, the following elements are assigned:
- Tax folio.
- SAT digital seal.
In other words, the ringing process will follow the following record:
- The taxpayer issues the digital invoice.
- The electronic information provided by the PAC provider is verified.
- The SAT validates the CFDI made.
- The digital stamp is added.
- The sealed XML file for the taxpayer is generated.
- The entire process is done digitally.
- Upon completion, you get a receipt certifying billingand said seal will validate the document.
- Electronic invoicing will also have the option of being printed.
- A unique number is generated for reference.
To stamp an invoice in the SAT, you must enter an Internet link provided by the SAT. There you will find the following tabs:
- Electronic billing.
- Payroll receipts.
- Electronic Accounting.
- Stamped withholdings.
- Unlimited ringing.
By selecting the desired option, the following steps must be followed:
- Enter the RFC, the password and the captcha.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ box.
- Accept all terms.
- configure the form catalog administration and issuer data.
- Register frequent customers of the company to facilitate the issuance and stamping of invoices.
- Save the file or download it.
The ringing of CFDI has several important purposesas:
Who should pay the payroll stamp?
In the RIF, both taxpayers and natural persons are forced to stamp the vouchers if they have employees. However, there are also circumstances in which people with business activity may require it.
It is important to take into account that all companies must comply with the requirements of the SAT, regardless of the regime under which they operate. Besides, should follow tax reforms since there is now more control.
In most cases, companies they cannot evade paying their employees. Many times they provide different numbers to the SAT without considering that there are businesses that handle payroll. Therefore, most of them provide guidance and advice to prevent problems.
What happens if an invoice or pay slip is not stamped?
You will have to pay fines or face other consequences if you do not stamp the payroll on time, since the Tax Authority has established these rules strictly. It is the responsibility of the tax authorities to ensure that the issued CFDIs comply with the obligations of the company, and they work to avoid imposing penalties for errors.
It is important to note that the time of Stamp processing ranges from 3 to 11 business days, depending on the number of employees and the date the payment was made. As you can see, the payroll stamp boosts productivity by automating human resource management and making key information transparent.